Barry University faculty and staff,
The university has revised the Fixed (Capital) Asset Policy. This policy is to be adhered to in its entirety. The following changes have been implemented retroactive to July 2012:
- The Fixed threshold has been increased to $5,000.00
- The useful life term has been increased for the following:
- Cooling Towers - 20 years
- Elevators - 25 years
- Hvac\Chillers\Handlers - 20 years
- Roof - 20 years
- The Property Improvement Category has been eliminated.
For further information, please review the Fixed (Capital) Asset policy which can be found at:
http://bucwis.barry.edu/finance/docs/. Click on the Fixed Asset tab to review the policy.
Questions and inquiries should be directed to Yvonne Falloon at firstname.lastname@example.org or (305) 899-4754.
Associate Vice President for Finance
& Chief Accounting Officer