Did you know that when you filled out the TechQual+ and LibQual+ surveys last year, the Division of Information Technology was able to make significant technology improvements at Barry University?!
Your survey feedback led the Division of Information Technology to dramatically improve the wireless infrastructure and Internet speed by:
- Upgrading the connection in Miami Shores provided by two of our Internet Service Providers from 200 Mbps to 400 Mbps, and 200 Mbps to 1 Gbps.
- Upgrading the connection from the Orlando Law School to Miami Shores and the Internet from 50 Mbps to 100 Mbps.
- Upgrading the wireless infrastructure and adding network monitoring at Holly House to provide persistent connectivity.
The network infrastructure wasn’t the only improvement made. Technology in instructional facilities was added and upgraded.
- Two classrooms in Adrian hall had new multimedia installed.
- Multimedia equipment in both Powers and Wiegand halls were upgraded.
The Library was also able to enhance the services provided by:
- Creating its first mobile friendly website at eguides.barry.edu/mobile.php.
- Installing a number of brand new “powered” tables to increase the number of power outlets for students using mobile devices.
- Adding new databases that help students study and prepare for standardized tests (GRE, LSAT, MAT, etc.) and help students find jobs.
- Adding over 100,000 new online eBooks for 24/7 unlimited use by students and faculty.
- Adding a huge number of new online journals giving students 24/7 access to over 60,000 quality journals.
- Adding a new online knowledge base called LibAnswers that answers common Library questions 24/7.
All of these accomplishments were made possible by providing your comments and suggestions on the surveys! We thank you for your support and guidance in making improvements in technology you feel are most important.
Please be sure to help the University continue improving by completing the TechQual+ and LibQual+ surveys during the month of April. Your survey feedback helps ensure the University fulfills your technology needs!