Save the Date for the 8th Annual College Brides Walk! This year’s event, which helps raise awareness about dating and domestic violence, will take place on Friday, Feb. 23.
The opening session starts at 10 a.m. in Broad Auditorium, followed by the walk to Johnson and Wales at 11 a.m. Those electing not to walk can participate in various activities and workshops.
DAY OF THE EVENT
9-9:45 a.m. – Check-In & Registration
10 a.m. – Opening Ceremony
- Welcome – Dr. Laura Finley
- Welcome – Sister Linda Bevilacqua
- Performance – Halsey's Spoken Word at the Women's March, 2018
- Speaker – Roger DeHart, Broward County Bailiff
- Performance – Barry's Repertory Dance Team
- Short video – No More Tears survivors and advocacy efforts
- Closing remarks – Co-founder Josie Ashton
11 a.m. – Walk to Johnson & Wales University
- Walkers will be provided with lunch and shuttled back to campus
- Bystander Intervention Workshop for non-walkers – Dr. Sheila McMahon (Thompson Hall)